All children at Monkey Puzzle Day Nurseries are encouraged to learn through play. Our Curriculum covers all the key areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage and is designed to meet the needs of each individual child.
We follow the Government Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework which sets the standards for learning, development, and care for children from birth up to 5 years of age. The principles which guide the work of our Early Years Professionals are grouped into four themes:
A unique child – every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self assured
Positive Relationships – children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or a key person
Enabling Environments – the environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning
Learning and Development – children develop and learn in different ways and at different times; all areas of learning and development are equally important and inter-connected.
There are three prime areas of learning in which our Early Years Professionals support children to learn and develop. These are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
Plus four specific areas of learning. These are:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Each child has their own key person to enable them to feel reassured, safe and cared for within our setting. This person also keeps a detailed Learning Journey of the child’s progress during their time with us. These records are available to be viewed and discussed at any time by parents, who are always encouraged to add details of their child’s experiences from outside the nursery.
Our Educational Hub….
Supporting the children’s learning and development is our number one priority at Monkey Puzzle in Weybridge. We strictly adhere to the Early Years Foundation Stage and all practitioners have high expectations of themselves and the children. They complete regular and precise assessments of children and use these effectively to plan suitable challenging and sharply focused activities.
We support this learning and development with our Monkey Clubs that focus on creativity, art, music, cooking, culture, communication and languages. The learning outcomes for the children tie into the 7 areas of learning in the EYFS:
1. Messy Monkeys – this is the most favourite club….anything goes! Children can be as messy and creative as they want. Cardboard boxes come in to nursery… and spaceships come out. It’s amazing what they create!
2. Monkey Moments – this isn’t just about the practitioners reading stories to the children, it’s about encouraging the children to talk back, chat about their thoughts and use their imagination with the stories
3. Monkey Mini-Chef – not only do the children read recipes, count and measure ingredients and learn about different foods but they learn about where food comes from and all the lovely cultures that we have in our diverse world
4. Monkey World – As we are a multicultural nursery with staff and children from many different nations and religious backgrounds, we celebrate a different country each month via our intrepid Monkey Mini-Chefs. In addition, all of the rooms focus several teaching points on different cultures, festivals, languages, food, music, iconic buildings etc. so that the children are exposed to many of the great wonders of our world
5. Hola Amigos / Les Petits Singes – Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers learn about colours, numbers, letters of the alphabet and much, much more
6. Monkey Tunes –Music is essential to early development. We offer weekly music classes hosted by our specially trained teacher, the nursery is filled with music and singing as the children test their vocals and rhythms!
7. Monkey Movers – The children try out all styles of dance including ballet, tap, street and hip hop. Budding dancers in the making.
8. The Kindness Club – The Kindness Club strives to “change the world with kindness” and make life a little more pleasant with random acts (RAK’s)… because it’s the little things in life that make a difference. We teach the children all about caring for others and reward them, and our lovely staff team, for being kind. We have also recruited parents to be our Kindness Club Ambassadors.
9. Karate Club (by Abel Karate) – Our little Ninja’s in Pre-School learn all about self-defence, coordination, control… and even learn Japanese!
We compliment our clubs with weekly extra-curricular activities from Sports4Kids*, Amber Therapies (yoga, sensory, music), TheatreBugs, Abel Karate (karate).
To hear our videos make sure you click the speaker icon on the bottom right of each window.
All of our Monkey Clubs and extra-curricular activities are included in fees, with the exception of Sports4Kids and Click It!
Not forgetting mum and dad!
Our Dad’s club…Dads Day takes place every quarter – a great opportunity for Dads to spend time with their little ones. Free tea and coffee, wifi, cupcakes, activities… and they even get to watch their favourite sport on TV
If you would like your little one to be part of our educational hub at Monkey Puzzle Weybridge, please call us to book a viewing, as we would love to show you around! Tel: 01932 988 400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org